Who we are
Boasting a reliable fleet of vehicles and a network of partnerships with correspondents throughout Europe, INTERTRANS, is a Greek company, located in Athens, Thessaloniki and Heraklion, which collects groupage and full freight to and from European countries with fixed departures from and arrivals in Greece and vice versa. Our aim is to satisfy our customers' needs with reliability and speed as per the highest professional and technical standards in accordance with international conventions (such as the CMR rules).
What personal data we collect
When you purchase services from us we may ask you to provide certain personal information. This may include your full name, identity card, passport, drivers' license, physical/business address, credit card number, fixed/mobile telephone number, registration, customs documents, purchase orders, payment details etc.
We also collect geo-location data from intelligent transport systems, in-vehicle platforms and data related to Cargo Tracking, Fleet Management, Logistics, Electronic Data Interchange, Electronic Proof of Delivery and Monitoring of high value merchandise.
Our website is not intended for children under 15 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect information from children to sell or promote our services.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
We process your personal data in accordance with the GDPR for one or more of the following reasons:
A. Necessary for the performance of a transportation contract
- To carry out our obligations with respect to any contractual agreements between us with respect to information, products and services that you may request from us
- To process your payment and your overall business transactions with us
B. Necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation
- To fulfill our tax, accounting, control, and reporting obligations
C. To serve our (and third party) legitimate business interests,
- Legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. But even then, such use is consistent with the fundamental rights of individuals, for example:
- To provide you with effective customer service and support
- To improve our working relationships
- To optimize our services, fleet management and production methods
- To respond to your requests
- To improve the security and usability of our website and services
- To perform customer satisfaction surveys
- To execute business transactions with you
- To keep you updated on our new products, services and offers
- To operate CCTV systems to prevent illegal actions, so as to protect you and our staff and our property
D. You have given us your consent
As a customer you have signed with us a valid contract, as per article 6 of the GDPR, and you have additionally provided us your consent which justifies the lawfulness of such processing
How we share your data
In the course of the performance of our contractual and legal obligations your personal data may be provided to various correspondents, service providers and suppliers. The European transport network of INTERTRANS covers 10 countries and consists of a total of 22 Hubs and 18 correspondents throughout Europe.
Our business partners (transport companies, legal, financial, business advisors, third parties etc) are bound by Data Processing Agreements with us, and they are obliged to safeguard confidentiality and data protection according to the data protection regulation.
International transfers of data
Your personal data is generally transferred within the European Economic Area (EEA) (28 EU and Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway) where we operate, in order for us to fulfill a legal or contractual obligation Your data may exceptionally be transferred to third countries outside the EEA in order to fulfill a legal or contractual obligation or because you have given us your explicit consent. Processors in third countries are obligated to comply with the European data protection regulations and to provide appropriate safeguards in relation to the transfer of your data in accordance with Art 46 of the GDPR.
We will process and store your Personal Data for the duration of our business relationship with you, and as long as necessary to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations.
- We will delete your data:
- When it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which that information was collected and processed;
- Upon your request or objection, provided there are no overriding legal grounds requiring us to maintain that information;
- When necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations such as tax, accounting and so on; and
- If our collection of information was based on your consent, upon the withdrawal of your consent.
Automated decision and Profiling
In executing our business activities, we do not use any automated decision-making. We may from time to time process some aspects of your data automatically, in order to enter into a business relationship with you.
How we use your personal data for marketing activities
We may process your personal data to tell you about products, services and offers that may be of interest to you or your business. The personal data that we process for this purpose consists of information you provide to us and data we collect when you use our products.
- We can only use your personal data to promote our products and services to you if we have your consent to do so or if we consider that it is in our legitimate interest to do so.
- You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes, which includes profiling.
Your data protection rights
Under the law, you have the following rights in terms of your personal data:
- The right to request from us access to your data, you can ask to receive a copy of your data and to check if they are lawfully processed
- The right to have your data corrected or erased
- The right to object to or restrict the processing of your data, for example where such information is not accurate or no longer serve the purpose they were collected
- The right to data portability, namely to receive a copy of your data in electronic form or to have your data transferred from us to another party
- The right to object automated decision-making or profiling based on your data
- The right to withdraw your consent, any withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before it was withdrawn by you
Right to lodge a complaint
The right to lodge a complaint with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and before the Greek Supervisory Authority (www.dpa.gr). If you have exercised any of your data protection rights and still feel that your concerns about how we use your personal data have not been adequately addressed by us.